Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting Started...

For Andrew McCoy's Building Construction 2024 class, our first assignment is to predict what the construction sites will look like in ten years. I have began contacting architects, contractors, and realtors about this project to get there expert opinion/to see if they have any projects that I could shadow and look at throughout the semester. I, however, am still waiting on replies from these different people/sources. I did hear back from a historic construction company in DC and a lady said she would be willing to help me by giving me some ideas and thoughts and what ever else she could be. I unfortunately (like a sily goose) forgot to attached the assignement sheet for her to read so I forwarded that to her and I am once again waiting for any response.

My idea for what the future holds for construction sites is a spin off on the whole "going green" trend that is occurring today. I believe that there will be more of a trend to take old buildings and restore or preserve them for other uses, such as an old warehouse into a new apartment complex but where they use the floors and the shell of the building without demolishing the entire building. This will cut down on the carbon footprint and costs of the overall project. The construction industry will evolve immensely in the field of safety precautions and equipment and in the overall computer managerial processes, e.i. less paper.

Turning in my paper now. *YICKS*

No comments:

Post a Comment